20 May 2014

Searching for Technicolor Gods - An Update

photo by TEP
A world of thanks to the chefs who responded to my requests for interviews. I have presented what I received to date and will  additional interviews when I receive them.

What did I learn?
  • There are various types of chefs: corporate, executive, private, pastry
  • Many chefs see their craft as a form of service
  • James Beard was an early champion of women and minorities in the culinary arts
  • Chef Edna Lewis's
  • As diners' palates expand chefs are responding in unique and innovative ways  from food presentation, to food
What's next for me?
Somehow, some way I would like to incorporate the following in my Technicolor dining journey:
  • Attend the 2015 Minority Chef Summit - it's open to the public
  • Find a reason/excuse to visit Charleston, South Carolina's Charleston Grill and Chef Michelle Weaver
  • Find a reason/excuse to visit Chef Erika Davis' cuisine
  • Find a reason/excuse to visit  Chef Shanita McAfee's restaurant
  • Stay on the look out for the opening of Chef  Wayne Johnson's Shuga Jazz Bistro
photo by TEP

So, where are the Technicolor Gods of Food?
As Chef Therese stated, the question is not about numbers or presence, it's about visibility. I will continue to be excited when I read about or see women and minority chefs. Technicolor Gods of Food, I See You.


photo by TEP

Are there are chefs you suggest I visit?  Submit a comment with the restaurant name and location. Let the journey begin!


Be well,

Technicolor girl




No comments:

Post a Comment