07 August 2014

A little inspiration from NYC

I am grateful for the encouragement, support and interest you have in Technicolor dining. I especially enjoy receiving questions and hearing about your dining sojourns.  My pal M sent me an email the other day that I got permission to  share with you. 

photo by TEP
I have been enjoying NYC Restaurant Week (really 3 weeks) to try restaurants under the radar which I might not otherwise visit. A friend and I had a great meal at Arlington Club. It's a steak house and my friend kept asking me why I wanted to go to a steakhouse since I don't eat meat. But the Restaurant Week menu was great: a huge popover, tuna tartare, curry mussels and then a fresh fruit dessert. Speaking of dessert, I have had several versions of fresh peach tart - and then a carmelized peach with pound cake "en papillote" which was great at Dover, a Brooklyn restaurant. (I would definitely add that to your list of NY restaurants to try. Also went to Robert DeNiro's Tribeca Grill - good American food.  Wow!

Can you sense M's excitement about food and the experience of enjoying food?  If I wasn't feeling inspired before reading the email I certainly was after reading about M's dining sojourns. Would you believe me if I told you that M is about the same height as Giada Laurentiis, but smaller? 

photo by TEP
What will  you do food or beverage related that will inspire you this week? I'm going to tryout a recipe at home and I'm going  sign up to attend a restaurant during DC's Restaurant Week  next week.  If you see me, say hello!

Be well,
Technicolor girl


No comments:

Post a Comment