14 August 2014

National Creamsicle Dayn - then and now

image courtesy of the internet
Happy National Creamsicle Day!

As a child an orange creamsicle pop was a welcome treat on a warm summer day. I would literally stop what I was doing to enjoy the creamy treat.  I have since discovered that the pops are sugar free and available in raspberry and blueberry flavors.  Learn more about the Popsicle/creamsicle history here.

As a adult, the thought of a luscious creamsicle still brings a smile to my face.  I also think of how I might enjoy that smooth, sooth flavors of a creamsicle in a 'grown up' way.  Some ideas:

Orange creamsicletini
Liquid creamsicle
Creamsicle PiƱa colada
Spiked Creamsicle
Creamsicle Mimosas
Creamsicle shake (featuring vodka)
New Orleans Fizz

Get the details on how to make these grown up drinks here.
 
Whatever form of creamsicle you have today, enjoy!



Be well,

Technicolor girl


No comments:

Post a Comment