23 December 2014

Food holidays for the week of 22 December

The final full week of December. Christmas week. The final days of Hanukkah.  Kwanzaa is near at hand AND a great lineup of food holidays!
 
 


  • December 22: National Date Nut Bread Day
  • December 23: National Pfeffernuesse Day
  • December 24: National Egg Nog Day
  • December 25: National Pumpkin Pie Day
  • December 26: National Candy Cane Day
  • December 27: National Fruit Cake Day
  • December 28: National Chocolate Candy Day

  • Did you know that 25 December is National Pumpkin Pie Day? I didn't. I've always associated pumpkin pie with Thanksgiving. In fact, one of the great debates in my family's household when I was growing up was whether to have sweet potato or pumpkin pie for dessert. My father was an advocate for pumpkin pie; my mother advocated for sweet potato. Occasionally a pumpkin sweet potato pie was baked. What did I vote for? Pecan pie. 

    Which holidays will you celebrate this week? Which holidays are a surprise to you?  Share in the comments below.  Have a great week and Happy Holidays!




    Be well,

    Technicolor girl
    
    image created by Ink+ LLC

    No comments:

    Post a Comment