17 May 2014

Chef Spotlight - Featured Chef: Brothers Who Can Cook

Recently I attended  film discussion in Baltimore, Maryland and listened intently to the questions posed by the audience. A man mentioned to the audience a  'brothers who can cook' event and that tickets were available.

image of Triple A courtesy of internet
image of Idris Elba courtesy of internet

I was momentarily distracted as I envisioned Idris Elba or Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje serving me one of their favorite dishes.








After the  discussion concluded I made my way to the man who mentioned the event, He handed me  a save the date card and encourage to attend. Brothers Who Can Cook , is  described as ' a celebration of African American men who are professional chefs, or who love to cook, mixed with celebrity to advance and promote upscale cuisine, healthy cuisine, and honor motherhood with a pre-mother’s day dinner'.

Interested participants complete and submit an application and fee to serve up dishes at the Baltimore based event which draws approximately 350 people. The number of attendees continues to grow each year.

Unfortunately, I was unable to attend the fourth anniversary of Brothers Who Can Cook on May 3, 2014  due  to schedule conflict. However,  I have 'liked' the Brothers Who Can Cook Facebook page so I can save the 2015 date on my calendar and purchase my ticket.

In the meantime I'm calling on the dining gods to inspire Mr. Elba or Mr. Akinnuoye-Agbaje to make a guest appearance at the 2015 Brothers Who Can Cook event.

Want to know more about Brothers Who Can Cook?
Visit the website, www.brotherswhocancook.com
'Like' the Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/BrothersWhoCanCook


Be well,

Technicolor girl

No comments:

Post a Comment